In our make-believe, kid-sized Home Town, children role play as they learn about the people, places and processes that make a community work. Working phones, pretend cash registers and money, and special mail deliveries from the post office help children build math, literacy and social skills as they interact with their neighborhood partners, learn about workplace roles and responsibility and collaborate to get the job done!
- Customize a kid-sized motorcycle and hop on for a virtual ride in Hands-On-Harley Davidson™
- Open a bank account, make a deposit and withdraw cash using the pretend ATM at the WaterStone Bank
- Fill a cart, check out at the register and stock the shelves at the Sendik’s Food Market
- Change a tire and perform maintenance on a pretend kid-size car in the Super Service Center
- Report the news at the anchor desk or step in front of the green screen for “on-location” reporting in the Time Warner Cable Studio featuring Time Warner SportsChannel
- Work together in the Brady Corporation, Jr. exhibit to create, package and ship pretend products
- Put on a hard hat, climb in the TONKA truck and help build an eco-friendly structure in Under Construction – Go Green!
- Operate a pretend water treatment system to understand the importance of water to a community in Water Works!
- Learn about different careers in a changing pretend business: The Animal Hospital, The Nursery & Garden Shop, The Pizza Factory & Café and The Real Estate Office
- Hop on the City Bus to make your way around town
Elizabeth A. Brinn Foundation
Jerome J. and Dorothy H. Holz Family Foundation
Institute of Museum and Library Services
Additional support provided by:
Now through April 30, enjoy our special, educational exhibit, Big League Fun! Click here to learn more: Big League Fun