Family Focus Free Membership
Thanks to generous financial support from area foundations, corporations and families, the Museum provides free memberships to families in need through our Family Focus program.
Family Focus memberships provide all the benefits of the Museum’s regular Family Membership, along with additional support for caregivers, including free parenting education programs and transportation assistance.
Family Focus membership benefits:
- Unlimited FREE admission for one year for two adults as listed on the membership application, and all children (17 and younger) in the household, or grandchildren
- Free parking vouchers or bus passes for Museum visits
- Discounts on Museum parties and event tickets
- 10% discount on Gift Shop purchases
- Member communications via email
How do I qualify for a Family Focus membership?
Families may qualify for a Family Focus membership if any of the following apply:
- A family has a combined household income of less than $40,000 per year
- A family receives assistance such as Badgercare Insurance/Forward card, Quest, Title 19, WIC or Medicaid
- A child or caregiver has special needs
- A child is in Head Start
- A family has a foster child
- A primary caregiver is actively deployed in the military
- A primary caregiver speaks limited English
Other qualifications may also be considered. If you think you might qualify, but are unsure, please email firstname.lastname@example.org or call 414-390-5437, ext. 228, for English and ext. 226, for Spanish.
How can I apply for a Family Focus membership?
One adult per family must participate in a Family Focus orientation at the Museum and provide proof of qualification including, but not limited to: documents proving participation in BadgerCare Plus, WIC, Title 19, Quest or Head Start; licensed foster parent documentation; an Individualized Education Plan (IEP); a W2 income form; or documents proving that a child is a military dependent with an actively deployed primary caregiver.
Family Focus orientation:
- Pre-registration for the Family Focus orientation is required unless otherwise noted. To learn more about the next available orientation dates and to pre-register, please complete the form below or send an email to email@example.com. For additional information, please call 414-390-5437, ext. 228, for English and ext. 226, for Spanish.
- Please note that the submission of your information does not complete your reservation, and your reservation will be confirmed after you have been contacted by a staff member of the Betty Brinn Children’s Museum. Orientations may be scheduled several months in advance and dates fill quickly.
- If you cannot attend on the date for which you have registered, please call the Museum at 414-390-5437, ext. 228 for English and ext. 226 for Spanish to cancel at least 24 hours in advance. Registrants who do not contact us in advance to cancel may lose reservation opportunities for future orientations.
- Upon arrival, please check in at the Museum’s Information Desk and let a Visitor Assistant know that you are registered for the Family Focus orientation.
- The orientation is approximately 40 minutes long. Only one adult per family is required to attend. Children are welcome to play in the Museum during the orientation, but they must be accompanied by an additional adult at all times. For those families who are unable to bring an additional adult to supervise children in the Museum, child care will be available for children 2 1/2 to 17 years old.
- Families may play in the Museum before and after the orientation; the orientation and Museum visit are free.
- Upon completion of the orientation and a short survey, you will receive your membership card, along with a free parking voucher for Milwaukee County’s O’Donnell Park garage or free bus passes.
Apply for a Family Focus membership orientation:
To register for a Family Focus Membership orientation, complete the form below:
What is required as a Family Focus member?
Families in the Family Focus program are welcome to explore the Museum, participate in educational programming and attend Museum events at a discounted cost. Families must utilize their memberships four times during their membership year to be eligible for renewal. You must renew each year, during the month your membership expires, to remain as active members within the program.
When do I need to renew my Family Focus membership?
Families who meet the program requirements (listed above) are eligible to renew for free and may complete a renewal application with qualifying proof by the last day of the month in which their membership expires. If the program requirements have not been met or your membership has been expired for more than two months, participation in an orientation session is required.
How can I renew my Family Focus membership?
- Print the Family Focus renewal application here, or request a renewal application when you visit the Museum.
- Complete the form and mail it, along with a copy of your qualifying proof, to:
Betty Brinn Children’s Museum
Attention: Family Focus
929 E. Wisconsin Ave.
Milwaukee, WI 53202-5406
You may also scan and email your completed renewal form with a copy of your qualifying proof.
- If you require additional assistance, please visit the Museum and ask to speak with the Family Focus Manager at the Museum’s Information Desk.
Questions about Family Focus:
Please email firstname.lastname@example.org or call 414-390-5437, ext. 228, for English and ext. 226, for Spanish.
Support for Family Focus:
Support for Family Focus is provided by the Herzfeld Foundation, with additional support provided by, the A.O. Smith Foundation, the Alvin and Marion Birnschein Foundation, the PNC Foundation, Potawatomi Hotel and Casino’s Heart of Canal Street Program, the Schoenleber Foundation, Inc., and the Joseph and Vera Zilber Family Foundation, Inc.
If you would like to make a gift to support free memberships for families in need, please click here.