Thomas Edison’s Secret Lab
This new 1800 sq. ft. traveling exhibit experience explores the fascinating ways science shapes our everyday lives.
Exhibit tour extended with new dates, available summer 2022 and summer 2023 through fall 2025!
Step into the Lab and be inspired by the animated series and the brilliant work of Thomas Edison! Engaging kids in STEM learning, Thomas Edison’s Secret Lab™, the exhibit offers unique, hands-on experiences that introduce STEM concepts, build enthusiasm for related education and careers, present engaging opportunities to actively participate in the scientific process, and highlight some of the greatest scientists and innovators from throughout history who have inspired us all with their ground-breaking discoveries.
- Discover invisible forces that seem more like magic than science! Experiment with electricity, magnetism, optics, sound waves and air pressure, and the fun physics laws that shape the world around us.
- Manipulate the classic six simple machines designed by Renaissance scientists to make our work easier – the lever, inclined plane, pulley, screw, wedge, and wheel and axle – with hands-on activities that illustrate the math and physics hard at work.
- Study a giant interactive periodic table of elements for an eye-opening way to study chemistry. Make the connection between the raw elements and how we put them to work for us.
- Investigate materials science, how we use natural and human-made substances and learn more about their properties. Take the touch-screen design challenge by selecting the materials you think will be best to get the job done, and then document your findings at the blogging station.
- Learn basic coding with a fun introduction to no-tech, low-tech and high-tech ways to use technology as a tool and other experiences that introduce applied science.
- Videos, graphics and other digital resources, complement the exhibit’s interactive learning stations and highlight innovative work happening in fields from around the world – from artificial intelligence, to recycling, to medicine, to farming – and present project challenges and games that are sure to help build children’s enthusiasm for STEM early on and inspire the next generation of inventors!
- Flexible footprint.
Thomas Edison’s Secret Lab™ was developed using national developmental standards for early learners and academic standards for school-age children and is especially engaging for children ages 2-12. The exhibit includes signage, presented in both English and Spanish, to help adult caregivers maximize the learning and communicate the importance of STEM education to a child’s individual academic success and future career opportunities. The exhibit will benefit families, community organizations and school groups, and serve as a meaningful platform for introducing visitor programs, facilitated workshops and events that reflect the exhibit’s rich educational content and ability to spark STEM learning for a broad range of audiences.
For additional exhibit information, click the links below:
Learn more about Thomas Edison’s Secret Lab
Thomas Edison’s Secret Lab Video
Thomas Edison’s Secret Lab Exhibit Overview
Thomas Edison’s Secret Lab™ Traveling Exhibit was created by the Betty Brinn Children’s Museum in collaboration with Genius Brands International TM & © 2020 Genius Brands International, Inc. All rights reserved.
Rental opportunities available summer 2022 and summer 2023 through fall 2025!
Summer 2021 – Children’s Museum of Atlanta
Fall 2021 – Tellus Science Museum, GA
Spring 2022 – Tellus Science Museum, GA
Summer 2022 – Available
Fall 2022 – Available
Spring 2023 – Clay Center of the Arts – Charleston, WV
Summer 2023-Fall 2024 – Available
Contact us about renting Thomas Edison’s Secret Lab
Go back to all Exhibit Sales & Rentals
The Betty Brinn Children’s Museum has temporarily closed.