In our make-believe, kid-sized Home Town, children role play as they learn about the people, places and processes that make a community work. Working phones, pretend cash registers and money, and special mail deliveries from the post office help children build math, literacy and social skills as they interact with their neighborhood partners, learn about workplace roles and responsibility and collaborate to get the job done!
- Open a bank account, make a deposit and withdraw cash using the pretend ATM at the WaterStone Bank
- Work together to create a motorcycle inspired by a Harley-Davidson® Road King® and take a virtual ride
- Fill a cart, check out at the register and stock the shelves at the Sendik’s Food Market
- Create new research and custom designs in Innovations, Inc.
- Change a tire and perform maintenance on a pretend kid-size car in the Super Service Center
- Give a furry friend a check up at the Pet Vet
- Put on a hard hat, climb in the TONKA truck and help build an eco-friendly structure in Under Construction – Go Green!
- Learn about different careers in a changing pretend business
- Hop on the City Bus to make your way around the home town
Jerome J. and Dorothy H. Holz Family Foundation
Additional support provided by: