Velocity (600-900 square feet) – available for sale and short-term or long-term rental opportunities
Velocity helps children explore the science of motion and makes it fun to learn about basic physics concepts. Children can roll and race golf balls on tracks, loops and hills to experiment with momentum, friction, gravity, acceleration, speed and distance.
- Five distinct activity areas that will remind you of skate parks, half-pipes and mountain climbs demonstrate the trajectory, velocity and momentum of moving objects.
- Experiment and compare results with data visualization software that captures multiple test runs.
- Design your own freestyle ramp, track or jump to learn how acceleration, speed, friction and gravity affect motion.
- Check out three unique launching machines that make the drop of a golf ball different every time.
- Animated definitions of key physics principles correspond to videos of real-world examples.
Contact us about sales or rental opportunities for Velocity
Learn more about Velocity
Go back to all Exhibit Sales & Rentals
Community Access Days
Families can receive FREE admission to the Betty Brinn Children’s Museum on the third Thursday of every month from 12 p.m. to 8 p.m. Learn more.